Friday, May 05, 2006

Resting up

Relaxing and resting up at R and R's lovely home.

5th May

The dogs have got used to me Percy, Polly and Poppy and ...me to them! I had met them before in West Cork. Poppy the Beagle (an adopted Irish 'stray') has taken a shine to me - and I'm such a cat person!!!

Heard my first Kookaburras (spelling?) yesterday - one can shout at them and they cackle back. The house is in a very wooded area and I'm enjoying the exploration of the surrounds. There is a bit of natural uncultivated scrub land nearby and I took a walk though it yesterday.
Been to local shops and well stocked library; also to local Farmers' Market. This was more like the Farm Shop between Highnam and Gloucester (England) rather than the stalls in the new one in Bandon (Ireland.)

Felt a rush of jet lag yesterday and awoke at odd hours in the night otherwise I'm feeling very well.

1 Comments:

At 10:02 p.m., Blogger Lorna V H said...

L's other half here. We can tell you're writing from Oz because the script appears upside down on our screens. Weird.....!
Great to know you're having such a good time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home