Thursday, May 04, 2006

From SFO to MEL

Well I caught that flight from SFO but it was two hours late in leaving. I really got to know SFO airport intimately - modern clean and with some interesting exhibits all about The Sea. The flight to LA was in the dark so I didn't see the land and sea below as hoped. I was a bit panicked by the fact that my boarding pass (issued at SFO) for the flight to Melbourne said 22.40 and we arrived at LA at 22.20 and I had no idea how long it would take me to get off one plane onto the other. So within 15 minutes I had to get out of the domestic terminal, run along the side of a carpark and into the International Terminal - I somehow gatecrashed an orderly queue into the security area - put my rucksac and shoes etc through the electronic scan and ran most of the way to gate 121 (HUGE airport) and arrived only to find the time 22.40 was for boarding not for take off so that was OK! We depart at 23.40!

Fifteen hours later we are circling over Melbourne.

The flight was uneventful - I dozed on and off; exercised; watched Narnia in German (didn't have too but it was a good exercise for my German) and Casanova (in English!)
A local to Melbourne sitting next to me points out landmarks as we circle around and arrive at 8.30am

May 3rd

(May 2nd has been non existant for me as I have crossed the dateline at night but I will have experienced three or four extra long days on this trip.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home